Applying and booking your place on the Part 1 MRCOG exam
Applications are now open for the Part 1 MRCOG July 2018 exam.
Applications close at 4pm (UK time) on Thursday 5 April 2018.
Eligibility forms should be sent by Thursday 29 March 2018 to allow for processing time.
We cannot guarantee any eligibility applications received after 29 March 2018 will be processed in time to meet the application closing date of 5 April 2018.
Resit candidates are already eligible, and can proceed straight to booking.
If you have already taken the Part 1 exam, you are already eligible to book your place on the July 2018 exam.
Sitting the exam for the first time
Applying for the Part 1 exam is a 2-stage process: eligibility and booking. You must first have your eligibility application processed and approved, before you can book your exam place online.
Eligibility Assessment application form
You must be logged in to download the Part 1 Eligibility Assessment application form here:
If you have forgotten your login details, please do not create a new College account, or you will not be able to proceed with any exam applications. Instead, you should reset your password, or ask us to help you find details about your original account and College Number.
Applications and bookings are only open for a certain period of time. Please check the Part 1 exam calendar and fees page for opening and closing dates.
If you don’t already have an account with the RCOG website, first please register with the RCOG website.
- When registering with the website, please use the title of Dr, and write your first name (given name) and your last name (family name) the way they are written on your degree certificate.
- Keep a note of your RCOG College Number (6 digits)
If you already have an account with the RCOG website, you must use that same account.
When you have logged in, will need to complete and send the Eligibility Assessment application form above.
Once your application has been approved, you will be able to book your exam place and pay online.
How to submit your eligibility application
Eligibility applications should be emailed with the correct documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compose a new email
- Use the email subject: "Part 1 Eligibility Assessment Application [insert your College number]"
- Attach the completed form.
- A scan or photo of your original primary medical degree certificate
- A scan or photo of your medical registration certificate, provided it states your primary medical degree and university
- Send your email to email@example.com. You will then receive an automatic response about the next steps to follow.
Make sure your application is complete
If your application is missing any details or contains errors, you will not be able to book, so please ensure you have completed the whole form and attached your medical degree certificate.
If we are unable to verify your degree certificate in the first instance, then we will ask you to email an attested photocopy version instead. Please do not post us any original documents as we are unable to return them.