Applying and booking your place on the Part 1 MRCOG exam
On this page:
- Application and booking dates
- Instructions for resit candidates
- Instructions for first-time candidates
- Eligibility Assessment application form
- How to submit your eligibility application
- Make sure your application is complete
- Processing time
Application and booking dates
Exam: Monday 3 February 2020
Eligibility applications for the this exam closed on Thursday 26 September 2019 at 4pm UK time.
Eligibility applications are open for future Part 1 MRCOG exams.
See below for how to apply for eligibility.
If you have already taken the Part 1 exam, you are already eligible to sit the exam.
When booking applications are open for the Part 1 MRCOG, please log into your account and book your place on the exam directly.
If you have problems logging in, please do not create a new account, as this will create problems.
Contact us and we will help you access your account.
Applying for the Part 1 exam is a 2-stage process: eligibility and booking.
You must first have your eligibility application processed and approved, before you can make a booking application online.
Log in to access the PDF form
If you already have an account with the RCOG website, you must use that account.
Sign in here
If you are not sure if you have an account, try the reset password process using any email address(es) you may have used to create your account.
If you are sure you have never had an account with the RCOG website, you can create a new account.
- When creating your account, please enter "Dr" as your Title.
This is not essential for your application. We ask this so that our automatic emails will begin "Dear Dr".
- Write your first name (given name) and your last name (family name) the way they are written on your degree certificate.
- Keep a note of your RCOG College Number (6 digits) and the email address you used to register.
When you have logged in, download and save the Eligibility Assessment application form, and follow the instructions below.
Once your eligibility application has been approved, you will be able to make a booking application and pay online.
Eligibility Assessment application form
You must be logged in to download the Part 1 Eligibility Assessment application form here:
If you have forgotten your login details, please do not create a new College account, or you will not be able to proceed with any exam applications.
Instead, please try to reset your password, or contact us to help you find details about your original account and College Number.
How to submit your eligibility application
Eligibility applications should be emailed with the correct documentation to Part1eligibility@rcog.org.uk.
- Compose a new email with the subject: "Part 1 Eligibility Assessment Application [insert your College number]"
- Attach the completed eligibility application form.
- Attach your medical degree or registration certificate. This can be:
- A scan or photo of your original primary medical degree certificate
- A scan or photo of your medical registration certificate, provided it states your primary medical degree and university
If you are GMC-registered, you do not need to send us your medical degree certificate.
- Send your email to Part1eligibility@rcog.org.uk
Make sure your application is complete
If your application is missing any details or contains errors, you will not be able to book.
Please ensure you have completed the whole form and attached your medical degree certificate.
If we are unable to verify your degree certificate in the first instance, then we will ask you to email an attested photocopy version instead.
Please do not post us any original documents as we are unable to return them.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for your Part 1 Eligibility application to be processed.
If approved, you will be then able to apply for your place on the Part 1 MRCOG exam.
It is not possible for the RCOG to accept late applications.