Applying and booking your place on the Part 1 MRCOG exam
Applications for the July 2018 exam are now closed.
Applications for the January 2019 exam will open from Thursday 23 August 2018.
If you have already taken the Part 1 exam, you are already eligible to book your place.
Sitting the exam for the first time
Applying for the Part 1 exam is a 2-stage process: eligibility and booking. You must first have your eligibility application processed and approved, before you can book your exam place online.
Eligibility Assessment application form
Eligibility applications for the July 2018 Part 1 MRCOG exam closed on Thursday 29 March 2018.
Applications and bookings are only open for a certain period of time. Please check the Part 1 exam calendar and fees page for opening and closing dates.
If you don’t already have an account with the RCOG website, first please register with the RCOG website.
- When registering with the website, please use the title of Dr, and write your first name (given name) and your last name (family name) the way they are written on your degree certificate.
- Keep a note of your RCOG College Number (6 digits)
If you already have an account with the RCOG website, you must use that same account.
When you have logged in, will need to complete and send the Eligibility Assessment application form above.
Once your application has been approved, you will be able to book your exam place and pay online.
How to submit your eligibility application
Eligibility applications should be emailed with the correct documentation to email@example.com
- Compose a new email
- Use the email subject: "Part 1 Eligibility Assessment Application [insert your College number]"
- Attach the completed form.
- A scan or photo of your original primary medical degree certificate
- A scan or photo of your medical registration certificate, provided it states your primary medical degree and university
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an automatic response about the next steps to follow.
Make sure your application is complete
If your application is missing any details or contains errors, you will not be able to book, so please ensure you have completed the whole form and attached your medical degree certificate.
If we are unable to verify your degree certificate in the first instance, then we will ask you to email an attested photocopy version instead. Please do not post us any original documents as we are unable to return them.