Last updated: 27 February 2019
This guideline provides information for healthcare professionals on Zika virus infection in pregnancy, developed by the RCOG, Royal College of Midwives, Public Health England and Health Protection Scotland.
The guideline is updated on a regular basis as new data becomes available.
The guideline covers:
- Congenital Zika virus syndrome
- Travel advice for pregnant women and couples planning pregnancy
- Recommendations for pregnant women and those planning pregnancy
- Perinatal outcomes
- Information for women
- Zika virus (ZIKV): clinical and travel guidance collection on GOV.UK
- Testing algorithm for the Zika virus in pregnancy guidelines
- Further patient information on the NHS Choices website
- Advice for travellers including pregnant women on the National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) website
- Health advice for women returning from areas with active Zika virus transmission on GOV.UK