RCOG Research was formerly known as the Research Committee.
RCOG Research’s objectives are to promote the college’s women’s health research agenda by engaging with funders, researchers, clinicians, and other stakeholders.
It has a key role in supporting the submission of research ideas.
RCOG Research has three domains:
1. Research Priority
- Research priority engages with legacy CSG’s and Specialist societies.
- Its lead communicates with the societies and works with them to facilitate submitting PICOs to funders where appropriate
2. Research Engagement and Training
- Communication and engagement will be via social media and a new RCOG Research web page linked into the main RCOG site.
- The new web page will link provide an access port for academics and non-academics and will link in with the Blair Bell Research Society, Wellbeing of Women and the tommy’s implementation centre.
3. Research Delivery and Capacity
- Maintaining the success of the NIHR Reproductive Health Science’s recruitment and delivery is a priority as this delivers significant delivery funding and increased midwifery research capacity across NHS England.
- There is considerable disparity between home nations in this area and the domain will also seek to determine how this may be addressed for women outside of England and Wales.
- Friday 12 July
- Friday 11 October
RCOG Research reports to the Academic Board.
Please send all communications to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6311
|Professor Ed Johnstone
Dr Swati Jha
Research Priority Domain Lead
Dr Babu Karavadra
UKARCOG Research Chair
|Dr Hajra Khattak
Mr Nigel Simpson MRCOG
Research Delivery Lead
Dr Pensée Wu
Research Engagement Lead
Director, Clinical Quality