Meeting dates (10:30 start)
- Thursday 3 March 2022
- Thursday 30 June 2022
- Thursday 3 November 2022
The Research Committee reports to the Academic Board.
To promote and safeguard all aspects of academic obstetrics and gynaecology including research and research training, undergraduate and postgraduate training and the nature of academic jobs and training, particularly in relation to recruitment and retention.
To report to Council by submission to the Officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Academic Board.
To maintain an overview of the RCOG's academic strategies, curricula, policies and procedures pertaining to the following:
- Undergraduate teaching and learning
- Postgraduate academic training
To maintain an overview of the work of the Research Committee by receipt of:
- The Minutes of all meetings of the Research Committee
- Annual report on the work of the Research Committee in the preceding 12 months
Please send all communications to the committee secretary.
Phone: 020 7772 6329
- Professor Emma Crosbie FRCOG
- Dr Katie Morris, HEI Representative
- Dr Ed Johnstone MRCOG, Research Committee Chair
- Harry Phillips, BUSOG Representative
- Professor Shakila Thangaratinam MRCOG – Higher Education Institute (HEI) Representative
- Dr Linden Stocker MRCOG and Dr Babu Karavadra – UKARCOG Co-Chairs
- Dr Philippa Marsden FRCOG – Undergraduate Education Lead
- Professor Jenny Myers MRCOG – President, Blair Bell Research Society
- Mr Nigel Simpson MRCOG – National Study Group (NSG) Lead
- Mr Patrick O'Brien FRCOG – Vice President, Membership
- Gary Waltham – Executive Director of Education, Quality and Projects
- Business Manager, Education, Quality & Projects
- Dr D Hapangama MRCOG – Postgraduate Lead
- Head, Specialty Training and Education
- Director, Clinical Quality
- Director of Education