Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- Friday 4 February 2022
- Friday 6 May 2022
- Friday 9 September 2022
- Friday 9 December 2022
The Scientific Advisory Committee has a broad brief encompassing both basic and clinical science, including health services research. Specifically, it aims to:
- ‘Horizon scan’ and debate relevant scientific issues, including future developments of relevance to the specialty.
- Produce regular Scientific Impact Papers for the membership agreed and approved by the CQAG and CQB.
- Contribute to College responses on national policies and direction as determined by the CQB.
- Respond to requests for scientific advice from RCOG officers, committees, working parties and Fellows/Members of the College.
- Advise Officers and appropriate committees on future national and international scientific and clinical meetings and study groups.
- Report to the CQAG and CQB.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary:
Tel: +44 20 7772 6403
Professor Mark Kilby FRCOG (vacant 1 June 2022)
- Professor Tim Draycott FRCOG (Vice President, Clinical Quality and CQB Chair)
- Louise Thomas (RCOG Head of Quality Improvement)
- Professor John Aplin (Scientific Representative)
- Dr Victoria Bills MRCOG
- Mr Ruwan Fernando FRCOG (vacant 1 June 2022)
- Dr Muriel Holder (Genetics’ Representative)
- Miss Maria Kyrgiou MRCOG
- Dr Fionnuala Mone MRCOG
- Professor R Katie Morris FRCOG (vacant 1 June 2022)
- Miss Ugochinyere Nwulu (Women’s Network Representative)
- Dr Michael Rimmer (Trainees’ Representative) (vacant 1 June 2022)
- Mr Saladin Sawan MRCOG
- Dr Aung Soe (Neonatologist Representative)
- Professor Steve Thornton FRCOG
- Dr Lisa Webber MRCOG