- Friday 22 April
- Friday 10 June
- Friday 16 September
- Friday 9 December
RCOG Council is responsible for furthering the College's mission and for setting its long-term priorities and goals. Council establishes and oversees the clinical, educational, professional, academic and ethical activities of the College. It is chaired by the President and meets six times a year. RCOG Council comprises:
- Six RCOG Officers
- 33 elected regional Fellows and Members
- The Chair and Vice Chair of the Trainees’ Committee
- Chair of the Academic Board
- Women's Voice Lead and the Vice Chair of the RCOG Women’s Network
- President of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) and Trust Doctors Lead (co-opted member)
Terms of reference
- Council is the RCOG’s most senior professional body, responsible for furthering and fulfilling the mission of the College and for setting long-term goals and aims
- All College Boards and professional committees report to Council, including the RCOG Women’s Network and the Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales Committees
- Council agrees clinical and performance standards for RCOG education and training
- Council debates, develops, advises and recommends policies and actions on clinical and professional matters for women’s health, the science and practice of obstetrics and gynaecology
- Council is responsible for establishing working parties and inquiries to further the mission of supporting women’s health and for receiving reports from any bodies established
- Matters for communication to Fellows, Members and Trainees are the responsibility of Council
The role descriptions include information about the responsibilities, time commitment and eligibility of RCOG Councillors.
To access the Council papers, you must be logged in first.
Please log in to the website, before accessing the link below.
Members of Council can download Council papers here.
To access the Council minutes, you must be logged in first.
Please log in to the website.
RCOG Fellows and Members can view the minutes from the previous Council meetings.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6345
Council contact details
Fellows and Members of the College can access Council members' contact details here (please note you will need to be signed into the website).
Council members share their experiences
Some of the current Council members have written about their experience of being on Council. Select the names that are hyperlinked below to read about their different experiences and opportunities.
|Vice President, Workforce and Professionalism||Jo Mountfield|
|Vice President, Clinical Quality||Tim Draycott|
|Vice President, Education||Susan Ward|
|Vice President, Global Health||Ranee Thakar|
|Vice President, Membership||Patrick O'Brien|
|London: South||Basky Thilaganathan|
|London: North, Central, East and North West||Nick Panay|
|East of England||Andrew Leather|
|South West||Tim Overton|
|North West||Sarah Vause|
|Kent, Surrey and Sussex||Hany Habeeb|
|Thames Valley and Wessex||Ian Currie|
|East Midlands||Ian Scudamore|
|West Midlands||Andrew Sizer|
|Scotland (2)||Alastair Campbell|
|Northern and Republic of Ireland (2)||Carolyn Bailie|
|International (5)||John Latimer (America/Australasia/Pacific Rim)|
|Stergios Doumouchtsis (Europe)|
|Jyotsna Acharya (South Asia)|
|Dilichukwu Okeoma Chinedum Anumba (Sub-Saharan Africa)|
|Hassan Shehata (Middle East and North Africa)|
|London: North, Central, East and North West||George Attilakos|
|London: South||Vasanth Andrews|
|East of England||Alastair McKelvey|
|South West||Jonathan Frost|
|North West||Martin Maher|
|Kent, Surrey and Sussex||Abhijeet Shah|
|Thames Valley and Wessex||Vanitha Kumar|
|East Midlands||William Dudill|
|West Midlands||William Parry-Smith|
|Northern and Republic of Ireland||Claire Thompson|
Elected Trainees' Representatives
|Heidi Stelling||Chair, Trainees Committee|
|Sarah Quinn||Vice Chair, Trainees Committee|
Ex Officio Members
|Emma Crosbie||Chair, Academic Board|
|Shaista Gohir||Women’s Voices Lead|
|Jane Plumb||Vice Chair, Women's Network|
|Asha Kasliwal||President, Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care|
|Laura Hipple||Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) and Locally Employed Doctors (LED) Lead|