Who should the course be aimed at?
Any doctor (Trainee, SAS doctor, Non-training doctor, Consultant) who is returning to clinical practice after a period of time away from Obstetrics and Gynaecology for any reason.
What should the course involve?
- An update in the latest developments in O&G over the last 12 months
- A chance to refresh Labour Ward and Acute Gynaecology skills and drills
- Smaller ‘breakout sessions’ to suit trainee’s particular needs, e.g. LTFT working, work-life balance, maintaining research momentum
- Networking opportunity to meet others who are in the same situation.
Summary of developing a Return to Work course
Objectives of the course
- To refresh knowledge of O&G doctors returning to acute clinical practice after a period away from clinical practice for any reason
- To build clinical confidence and reassure regarding returning to work in a relaxed, supportive environment
- To build peer support systems through networking opportunities
- Cover topics most relevant to delegates concerns e.g. CTG refresher, Clinical updates, E-portfolio, work life balance, LTFT, maintaining research momentum, simulation and skills and drills training
- Provide information as a mixture of presentations, workshops, simulation and skills drills
- Provide opportunity to complete workplace based assessments if doctor wishes
- Proposed course programme*
- Q&A with faculty
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Certificate of attendance