RCOG Council is responsible for furthering the College's mission and for setting its long-term priorities and goals.
- Friday 15 September 2023
- Friday 24 November 2023
- Friday 9 February 2024
- Friday 26 April 2024
- Friday 5 July 2024
- Friday 13 September 2024
- Friday 29 November 2024
RCOG Council is responsible for furthering the College's mission and for setting its long-term priorities and goals. Council establishes and oversees the clinical, educational, professional, academic and ethical activities of the College. It is chaired by the President and meets six times a year. RCOG Council comprises:
- 6 RCOG Officers
- 33 elected regional Fellows and Members
- The Chair and Vice Chair of the Trainees’ Committee
- Chair of the Academic Board
- Women's Voice Lead and the Vice Chair of the RCOG Women’s Network
- President of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) and Locally Employed Doctor (LED) Lead
Terms of reference
- Council is the RCOG’s most senior professional body, responsible for furthering and fulfilling the mission of the College and for setting long-term goals and aims
- All College Boards and professional committees report to Council, including the RCOG Women’s Network and the Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales Committees
- Council agrees clinical and performance standards for RCOG education and training
- Council debates, develops, advises and recommends policies and actions on clinical and professional matters for women’s health, the science and practice of obstetrics and gynaecology
- Council is responsible for establishing working parties and inquiries to further the mission of supporting women’s health and for receiving reports from any bodies established
- Matters for communication to Fellows, Members and Trainees are the responsibility of Council
The role descriptions include information about the responsibilities, time commitment and eligibility of RCOG Councillors.
To access the Council papers, you must be logged in first.
Please log in to the website, before accessing the link below.
Members of Council can download Council papers here.
To access the Council minutes, you must be logged in first.
Please log in to the website.
RCOG Fellows and Members can view the minutes from the previous Council meetings.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6345
Council contact details
Fellows and Members of the College can access Council members' contact details here (please note you will need to be signed into the website).
|Vice President, Workforce and Membership||Laura Hipple|
|Vice President, Clinical Quality||Geeta Kumar|
|Vice President, Education||Ian Scudamore|
|Vice President, Global Health||Hassan Shehata|
|Vice President, Academia and Strategy||Asma Khalil|
|London: South||Dudley Robinson|
|London: North, Central, East and North West||Joseph Iskaros|
|East of England||Andrew Leather|
|South West||Philip Rolland|
|North West||Andrew Pickersgill|
|Kent, Surrey and Sussex||Melanie Tipples|
|Thames Valley and Wessex||Fatima Husain|
|East Midlands||Mausumi Das|
|West Midlands||Justin Clark|
|Scotland (2)||Alastair Campbell|
|Northern and Republic of Ireland (2)||Hans Nagar|
|International (5)||Peter von Dadelszen (America/Australasia/Pacific Rim)|
|Stergios Doumouchtsis (Europe)|
|Jyotsna Acharya (South Asia)|
|Dilichukwu Okeoma Chinedum Anumba (Sub-Saharan Africa)|
|Sherif Abdel-Fattah (Middle East and North Africa)|
|London: North, Central, East and North West||VACANT|
|London: South||Javaid Muglu|
|East of England||Peter Harris|
|South West||Alison Wiggans|
|North West||Jenny Barber|
|Kent, Surrey and Sussex||Chimwemwe Kalumbi|
|Thames Valley and Wessex||Vanitha Kumar|
|East Midlands||William Dudill|
|West Midlands||William Parry-Smith|
|Northern and Republic of Ireland||Claire Thompson|
Elected Trainees' Representatives
|Chair, Trainees Committee||Heidi Stelling|
|Vice Chair, Trainees Committee||Kat Barton|
Ex Officio Members
|Chair, Academic Board||Emma Crosbie|
|Women’s Voices Lead||Jane Plumb|
|Vice Chair, Women's Network||Freya El Baz & Emma Crookes|
|President, Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH)||Janet Barter|
|Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) and Locally Employed Doctors (LED) Lead||Eman Toeima|