The Congress Committee is responsible for the organisation of the RCOG World Congress which takes place annually. The Congress is held for 2 consecutive years overseas, and every third year it returns to the UK.
In international years much of the work is done by a local organising committee (LOC) together with a professional conference organiser (PCO). When the event is held in the UK, the Core Committee oversees the work of two sub-committees.
Congress Committee reports to Education Board.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6446
2022 World Congress Core Committee
- Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shropshire – Honorary Director of Conferences
- Mr Dudley Robinson FRCOG, London – Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
- Professor Pat O’Brien, FRCOG – Vice President, Membership
- Dr Ranee Thakar FRCOG – Vice President, Global Health
- Mr Hassan Shehata FRCOG – International Council Representative, EMEA
- Ms Lynn Whitley – Director, Business Development, RCOG
- Ms Alison Roddam – Head of Events, RCOG
- To oversee the work of the local organising committee/s
- To monitor the performance of the Professional Congress Organiser
- To monitor the budget and income and expenditure for the Congress