Attendance at the Congress requires the RCOG to collect and use personal data and personal information as set out below.
The personal data or personal information the RCOG collect about you is made up of the information:
- RCOG member number
- Practicing location (i.e., UK, band A, band B, band C)
- Registration type (consultant, trainee, midwife/AHP, medical student, low resource country)
- Trainee number
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Primary work address
- Billing address (if different to primary work address)
- Special/access requirements
- Dietary requirements
You provide this when you use our site to register for events, and when you report a problem with our site and from which you can be identified during our communications with you.
You may also give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This correspondence will be conducted with you by K.I.T Group GmbH, who are the organisers of the event.
The data controller is: The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 10 –18 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ
Contacting the Data Protection Officer
To contact the College about any data protection issues, please email the Data Protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we process your personal data?
- To register individuals as event participants, (including taking payment, if applicable).
- To collect, store and action any special data as part of registration for the event (see ‘who we share your data with’ section below)
- To communicate event information to attendees:
- Programme information & updates
- Future event information via email
- Exhibitor and sponsor information, associated directly with the event
- Congress App/Virtual event platform details
- Reminders for any pre and post event information you may have to return
- Any undertakings you may have to fulfil for you to gain maximum benefit from your attendance at the event
- To book hotel accommodation on your behalf
We may disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
In certain situations, we may disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including but not limited to national security or law enforcement requests. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to respond to court orders, or similar legal processes, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims, or if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
The information supplied to register for events is processed via a secure registration software package, held on a secure server and only accessible by employees of K.I.T. Group GmbH (the organisers) who have the correct permissions and training to process your data. Data will be kept for the duration of the event life cycle and used to communicate with attendees as outlined above.
The data received will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating within the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of payment details and the compilation of attendee lists and attendee profiles.
All information received is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Who we share your data with
- To facilitate the sharing of attendee profile information by an exhibitor, sponsor or the organiser (typically via an exhibition stand or another area of the conference).
- By allowing delegate profile to be shared, the attendee agrees to share their data with the exhibitor/sponsor and may be contacted by them after the Congress.
- To facilitate networking opportunities for attendees by publishing the delegate attendee list/attendee profile information in electronic format on the Congress App/Virtual Event Platform. You can opt out of this and update your details once logged into the Congress App.
- To advise the venue/s of any accessibility or dietary requirements.
How long your data will be stored
Your data will be stored by the event organiser for a period of three (3) years.
For the RCOG full Data Processing Policy see here.