The RCOG, with the kind and generous support of Ethicon, was pleased to offer up to £500 of funding towards approved student medical electives in obstetrics and gynaecology taking place in autumn 2017 or 2018.
Eligibility and requirements
The successful applicant will have submitted well-planned and well-presented applications demonstrating clear objectives and offering detailed information about the project they wish to undertake.
Students wishing to pursue a career in obstetrics and gynaecology and undertaking their elective in a subject associated with this specialty in a low-resource country were particularly encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants are required to provide a report on their elective. They will also be invited to receive their certificate at an RCOG event.
- Travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made. Retrospective applications will not be accepted.
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Planning and presentation
- Evidence of student supervision and support
- Intent to follow career in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Relevance of the project to a future career development in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Originality of elective
- Benefit to local community
Closing date for applications
Please ensure you read the guidance on submitting your application before entering any of the awards.
To apply, please send your application form (DOC 66kb) to the Awards Administrator email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday, 31 May 2017.
The winner will be notified in October 2017.