About the curriculum
The RCOG curriculum is approved by the General Medical Council (GMC). It consists of:
This section of the site also contains information about O&G training that undergraduates and foundation year doctors can choose to complete before applying for postgraduate specialty training:
Progression through the curriculum
Specialty trainees progress through the postgraduate curriculum as follows:
For more detail, please read the overview of the specialty training programme in O&G.
What’s on the website?
Each section of the site provides everything you need to know about that area of the curriculum, including:
- Full details of the curriculum:
- Knowledge criteria
- Clinical competences
- Professional skills and attitudes
- Training support options
- Evidence and assessment requirements
- Any assessment forms and tools
- Information about registration for training, delivery of training and assessment
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Contact details at the RCOG
Curriculum feedback and development
The curriculum has been developed by practising obstetricians and gynaecologists with tremendous input from specialist societies within O&G and related fields.
The Curriculum Committee continually reviews the content of the curriculum in response to gradual changes in practice, so we greatly appreciate constructive feedback. Please email us with your comments and suggestions.